Need to register for an Oregon non-professional fiduciary class?
YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE.
Guardian Partners offers classes to court-appointed non-professional fiduciaries in Oregon. While anyone can take our classes, our classes are mandated by many courts in Oregon for newly appointed Guardians, Conservators, Personal Representatives, Administrators, and Trustees. These are all types of non-professional fiduciaries, meaning that they all have an important role with the court but are not professionally trained. If the court has required you to take one of our classes, it is so that you will have the skills and knowledge to perform your role well. If you have any questions about whether you need to take a class, contact your attorney or the Oregon County Court where your case is filed.
If you have already taken a class in the last 12 months and are now involved in another active case of the same type, please do not register again. Our policy on multiple case accommodation is as follows: Once a fiduciary has registered, paid for, and completed a training, additional certificates of completion are provided at a reduced rate for 12 months from the original registration date. Certificate of completion for the second case of the same fiduciary type is provided free of charge. Certificates for any further cases within the 12 month period are provided at a 50% discount of the registration fee. To take advantage of the multiple case accommodation, please email email@example.com with case number, party names, and county. After 12 months, fiduciaries are expected to register, pay for, and complete the training anew.
When sending us any emails, please make sure to include your name, case number and the class you're interested in or have taken. Thank you!
All of our classes are pre-recorded, online, and on-demand which means that you can watch them online at any time, day or night. To access our classes, you will need an email address* and access to an internet-connected computer, tablet, or smartphone. If you do not have access to one of these devices, your family or friends may be able to support you. If you cannot obtain access to an internet-connected device, please contact us as we may be able to send you a DVD to watch instead. Our Guardian of Adult class is currently available in Spanish, as well as English, and we have interpretation services available for those that have been court-mandated. Contact us if you'd like more information on these services. Ahora tenemos una versión en español de Tutela de Adulto en Oregon clase. Póngase en contacto con Liz@guardian-partners.org para obtener más información.
We will create and file a certificate of completion with the court on your behalf after you take a class and complete a course assessment.
*We are currently experiencing issues with Comcast.net email addresses. If you have an address with another email provider, please use it. For information on how to create a Gmail.com email account click here.
Pay with a credit card during registration or send a check immediately after registration to Guardian Partners, 1600 SE Bybee Blvd., Suite 206, Portland, OR 97202. We are not equipped to have checks dropped at our offices or for unscheduled visits. Class fees are waived only when initial court fees were waived (this is rare). Questions regarding a court fee waiver should be addressed to your attorney. You must have applied for this waiver and been approved before registering for this class and very few people qualify.
If you want to pay with a credit card, you can enter your payment information at the bottom of the Registration Form. Within a few hours, you will receive three emails: a registration confirmation email, a receipt email, and a welcome email containing course access information. If you choose to send us a check, please send your check to the address on the registration form. You will receive your registration confirmation email immediately and your welcome email once we receive the check. You can use your canceled check as a receipt.
The course welcome email (from firstname.lastname@example.org) contains the link to enter and re-enter your class. Remember the email address you provided during registration; that email has been used to create your account and is where the email has been sent.
Please check your inbox, spam, and junk folders for these emails.
- If you have one or more co-fiduciaries, please register them at the same time you register yourself. They will not have to pay an additional fee. You may not register friends or family members who are not co-fiduciaries on your registration form.
- The last step of each class is to complete a mandatory course assessment. This assessment is not a test but is mandatory. If you complete the assessment, only then will we create and file a certificate of completion with the court. If you do not complete a course assessment, we will not create and file a certificate of completion with the court. If you have a co-fiduciary, make sure that they also complete their own course assessment. Inaccurate or incomplete names and court case numbers result in a delay in the court being informed of course completion.
- To find out how to modify settings in your browser for easier viewing if you have autoplay or sound issues, click here. If you are having issues with the link in the welcome email, click here.
- If you register and take the wrong class you may be subject to a $50 non-refundable fee in addition to course fees.
- For attorneys providing firm emails addresses to support client viewing in-office, please let us know in advance so that we can delete any old accounts. If you do that, a new email will be sent each time your register. Contact Liz@guardian-partners.org for more information.
We offer the following non-professional fiduciary classes. Please READ THE DESCRIPTIONS and choose your class carefully based on your appointed role with the court.